Shortly Before the End
Alright. So I'm leaving tomorrow morning. And it hasn't hit me, yet. In fact, it hasn't hit me so much so that I haven't taken the time to say goodbye to a lot of people who I'm friends with. I kind of feel like I'm leaving in the dark, which is reminiscent of the time when Irene and I actually did that in New Zealand.
I guess there are a lot of things to reflect on. I don't feel like doing it because it would be far too cheesy and relatively meaningless to anyone but me. I'll miss the look of things. I have a lot to miss, actually. I don't really want to go, when it comes down to it, but I'm also excited to go home. I'm excited to see people I miss while I'm here. I'm excited for it to actually feel like Christmas. Santa in swim trunks just doesn't fill me with that holiday "glee."
I don't really feel like writing much. Probably because I know it will just make me sad. Maybe I'll be able to punch out a few paragraphs of reflection when I get home. But I have to say, we had a great send off last night. Some of my work people came to our banquet at the American Club and we all got sloppy. It was a great time, and it's nice to go out with a bang.
Overall, I've had a lot to remember. And that's what I came here for. So I'm completely satisfied. With everything.
And man I can't wait to hug my momma when I get off that plane.
I guess there are a lot of things to reflect on. I don't feel like doing it because it would be far too cheesy and relatively meaningless to anyone but me. I'll miss the look of things. I have a lot to miss, actually. I don't really want to go, when it comes down to it, but I'm also excited to go home. I'm excited to see people I miss while I'm here. I'm excited for it to actually feel like Christmas. Santa in swim trunks just doesn't fill me with that holiday "glee."
I don't really feel like writing much. Probably because I know it will just make me sad. Maybe I'll be able to punch out a few paragraphs of reflection when I get home. But I have to say, we had a great send off last night. Some of my work people came to our banquet at the American Club and we all got sloppy. It was a great time, and it's nice to go out with a bang.
Overall, I've had a lot to remember. And that's what I came here for. So I'm completely satisfied. With everything.
And man I can't wait to hug my momma when I get off that plane.

1 Comments:
Glad you're satisfied. Get used to these goodbyes, and get ready for the layover.
Post a Comment
<< Home